The Bank of England has released two data point models and associated XBRL taxonomies to govern the UK entities subject to their oversight:
- For the Banking sector – Bank of England Banking XBRL Taxonomy – This includes information for banks, building societies, investment firms and credit unions.
- For the Insurance sector – Bank of England Insurance XBRL Taxonomy – This includes information for Solvency II firms, non-Directive firms and friendly societies.
Reporting is done in XBRL format through two different submission portals:
- Bank of England’s Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal; and
- The FCA’s Gabriel portal.
DPM Authority can be used to import, validate and generate XBRL submissions for this purpose.
BANK OF ENGLAND BANKING XBRL TAXONOMY.
The taxonomy, data point model (DPM) dictionary, annotated templates and validation rules cover the following returns:
- PRA101-103 (Capital+)
- PRA104-108 (Financial Statements)
- MRL001-003 (MREL Resolution Planning)
- PRA110 Cash Flow Mismatch (Pillar II Liquidity)
- RFB001-008 (Structural Reform)
INTERACTIVE VALIDATION RESULTS.
XBRL validation failure messages are typically very difficult to understand and to resolve. DPM authority helps the user by presenting each failure in a number of different ways. Each message is interactive where clicking on a failure will highlight the data points contributing to the issue in the user interface.
DRAG AND DROP ORACLE EPM AUTOMATION.
DPM Authority is the only Capital+ tool that can integrate natively with Oracle EPM (HFM, Planning and Essbase). EPM dimensions and their members are listed in the automation panel and can be dragged and dropped onto individual cells, entire rows, columns or sheets. It couldn’t be simpler.